Why men love Horse Racing Philippines? Grandpa answers

Image Source: http://www.thinkhotels.com/


It was a great summer of Saturday when Grandpa asked me to accompany him in his favorite place. I thought it was a mall, or a cinema, or a bar, but after an hour of drive, we parked in a stadium. My eyes are rolling around and I saw this sign “Santa Ana Park Philippines”. I am really wondering where are we. Then Grandpa starts to pick up his things and we approach the entrance.

As we walk the aisle, I saw a lot of banners of Philippine Racing Club. Then I got an idea where we are.

We got into our seat and Grandpa starts to cheer! I never saw Grandpa this energetic and youthful before. People are cheering and yelling and shouting. I think it was a festival, a celebration!

After couple of hours, we decided to get home. On the car I asked him, Grandpa, why is that you love horse racing so much? Here are his stunning answers.



1. I am getting to look good and younger

Every time I go races I wear my finest blazers, watches and shoes, while sporting a more formal hairstyle. Why? Because there is a proven psychological benefits of doing this and this may lead other to unconsciously improve how people may judge your skills, intelligence and attractiveness. Horse racing is one of those rare sports where the fan uniform is not a ball cap, nor a jersey – it’s a total bespoke.



2. It pumps my adrenalin out of me

Based on studies conducted, one of the ways to keep your brain sharp over the years is finding passions that involve analysis of stats and crunching numbers into your head. The stats available to horse racing fans are on another level, a lot different from baseball, basketball and other sporting events. From jockey winning percentages, to the most recent practice times of a particular horse to a thoroughbred’s average rank at the start of the race, compared to its rank in the middle of a race, horse racing is a cerebral sports fan’s dream came true.

It is very plain and simple like this, imagine instead of using your number abilities to bet on an hours-long baseball or football games, your predictions were all condensed into 90-second thrill rides that happen tens of times throughout the whole span of a day!



3. It is a social-being activity

Everybody wants to improve our mood and general satisfaction. A simple way to do it is by having experiences that allow you to interact with your friends and acquaintances. Through horse racing, you can socialize with others. Celebrate, tossing beer mugs, having snacks together, laughing out loud, cheering and shouting, sharing interests and a lot more! Horse racing satisfies people in two ways.

First is in experiencing races in its traditional form – at the track itself. You have the perfect platform for hours of back and forth with friends, be they beginners or stadium veterans.

The second thing is that, no other sport triggers the conversation on Twitter and other social media platforms (yes grandpa has twitter account; I am too surprised when I heard this from him). Twitter explodes with the race-related analysis, predictions and of course, gloating throughout the day,


4. The atmosphere

Why do men love golf? Simple because it is a complete visual and environmental escape from the office space or concrete jungle they inhabit most of their lives. The same is true with horse racing. Housed at some of the most pristine, manicured and visually-stunning venues in sport, horse races are literally urban oases. It helps people to relive their stresses and forget their problems for a while and have the enjoyment of life at least for a day.

5. Memories

I guess this is the main reason why people love horse racing. It brings unforgettable memories. From the dress to the people (that you will eventually became close friends), to the venue to the excitement of the race itself, horse racing is one of those unique events that virtually guarantees you something to look back and treasure memories and perfect picture life events.


When I heard all of these things from Grandpa’s lips, I’m on a state of surprise. I didn’t really know that Grandpa is one of this kind. I thought he was just an old man enjoying life. With these I guess I will accompany him again, to see if horse racing will capture me like what it did to Grandpa.

I will post my next horse racing experience with Grandpa!

Like this post? Then share it to your friends!


Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Top 7 Amenities you should look for a Condominium for sale

5 Things You’ll Find in Balikbayan Boxes Sent to the Philippines

5 things to keep in mind about shipping your stuffs overseas